1.30.2012

Stop And Smell The Laundry

We just came off of a gorgeous weekend here in Winston-Salem. I had most of the windows thrown open so the great smell of sunshine could envelope the house. Saturday night, I had closed down the kitchen for the night and Coco was in her room playing and I was in mine reading a book with my room lit with tons of tiny Christmas lights {windows still open to let the cool breeze in}, and I thought, why can't everyday be just like this day? I'm working on adopting a much simpler way of life. Probably most would say it's already simple but in my mind, I want to live in a much smaller way too. Our house is not large by a lot of standards, maybe 1,800 sq. feet but it's way too big for me! I can't imagine why people want huge McMansions to live in and take care of.

Simple and small for me - small house {mid-century of course}, no debt, no excess "stuff", clean closets, lots of exercise, green grass, running barefoot, complete work & life balance. I'm lucky that I enjoy what I do but you will never find me sitting at work after 5 twiddling my thumbs when I could be home with Coco and actually enjoying life - real life...family life.

Yep, a good old fashioned clothesline that makes your clothes smell like sunshine everyday.

image courtesy of The Row House Nest {my new favorite blog}

1 comment:

bridget said...

Love, love, love this post. You're so right. Real life IS family life. Wish more people would realize that. Thanks for the reminder. xo