1.19.2012

I...Die...

I'm a drooling, babbling idiot when it comes to the Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman, specifically in white. {This is me without words yet with tears in my eyes.}

I think Heaven must be filled with these chairs - just picture it...

{Pearly Gates - Saint Peter in a chic white cashmere kaftan sitting in a white Eames chair with his feet crossed at the ankles delicately resting on the ottoman. Saint Peter says, "hey now, how was your trip, what took you so long, come on in." The pearly gates open and O-M-G...a sparkling sea of white Eames loungers filled with Charles and Ray Eames and all their peeps Eero Saarinen, George Nelson and Harry Bertoia.}...I Die.

My parents had an original Eames Lounge and Ottoman in the late 70's/early 80's but of course it seemed to be just another chair then...little did anyone know what impact it would have. I regret to inform you that chair is no longer in the family {I profusely shake my head until my brain rattles around every time I think of that.}

One day, just one day, I will have the white chair and ottoman that I long for in the mid-century modern home that I long for...it's likely to be the only piece of furniture in the room and I'm pretty sure I'll be rocking the white kaftan too.

image courtesy of Jules Seltzer Associates

No comments: