1.17.2012

Channeling Julia Child

Me: "Chloe, would you rather have goulash or boeuf bourguinon for dinner?"
Chloe: "Boeuf bourguinon!"
Me: "That's my girl!"

I thought I would hang out in the kitchen {and in my mind} with Julia Child yesterday while making her infamous Boeuf Bourguinon. This is only the third time, in my lifetime, that I've made her recipe since it takes several hours to make! It's not a difficult recipe, just time consuming but very well worth it. I'm always surprised at how rich and decadent and delicious it is - I must confess that the more wine I drank, the more I enjoyed the dish. I'm sure Julia had that all planned out when writing this recipe as she and Paul loved a good bottle of wine...alot! Now if I could only wrap my mind around making Lobster Thermidor {aka the lobster killer}.

image courtesy of me

No comments: