10.02.2014

So A Girl Walks Into A Bar...


Introducing one of my new vintage purchases. A super cool mid-mod metal cabinet with sliding doors complete with a black leather-esque writing pad on top. I picture this coming out of Don Draper's office on Mad Men...at least in my mind.

{Drum roll}...I'm making a liquor cabinet out of it! Uh, yeah, brilliant - I'm just saying. It's perfect for it - shelf inside, right size, right height. I really can't decide whether to have it repainted a hi-gloss white while leaving the top and legs as they are...but the more I look at it, the more I love the old-school gunmetal gray. I've already consulted a fine furniture painter, Maaco Auto Body Repair & Painting {joke, but not really}. Super good resource to get metal furniture painted with a car quality finish at a reasonable price.

Now the last question to answer is shaken or stirred?

image courtesy of me

No comments: