9.26.2014

What's Up Doc?


It's been awhile since I've done a gardening post. The garden went really well this year, everything I planted produced a harvest. Booyah! After the summer garden came the fall garden, which has turnip greens, beets, carrots, cabbage, and broccoli. I'm harvesting turnips and carrots daily now - I'm actually shocked at how good the carrots did. I'm shocked because I'm really just winging this whole garden thing...but maybe all the organic matter {aka chicken sh*t} I've put on the garden is helping too!

I've also been mixing in the beet greens with the turnip greens when cooking those and it makes a huge difference in the flavor - granted I like them either way. Just planted about 30 cloves of garlic too but I've been having a slight squirrel problem with digging in the bed. You may want to say a prayer for that squirrel...he's gonna need it.

image courtesy of me

No comments: