4.14.2013

Buried Treasure

 
*there is some rust on this super cool folding music dept desk but a little sanding and oiling of the wood and some touching up of the paint will do wonders!
 *omg, i got this vintage mid-mod stool for $6! i would have paid that just for the legs with the brass caps. i'm debating on possibly recovering but the brown is actually better in person than in the pic.
 *i love this little card catalog turned side table with the hairpin legs. i have great plans for this one - painting the wood a high gloss white, giving the brass pulls a good scrubbing but leaving them just as they are and painting the legs white as well but maybe dipping the bottom 1/4 of the legs in a cherry red paint or kelly green. rad.
 *this was the first vintage piece i bought {i think}. it's in great condition with the original glass sliding doors. definitely needs some light sanding, a good cleaning and polishing but maybe a vintage wallpaper for the back panel behind the shelves. hhhmmm...
*a vintage cosco cart on casters - the paint is actually in really good condition except for the rust spot you can see on the bottom shelf but I'm sure it will likely be covered with something - maybe a cool homemade band-aid.


In the past few months, I've been collecting {ok shopping} for vintage pieces that will one day make their new home in the mid-century modern house that I'm patiently searching for. I must find just the right mid-mod to evoke the feeling of cool, vintage, clean, homey, and modern {what a list}, but it's all the things that I think of and want to feel in my new old home.

Anyway, after picking up a few more pieces this weekend around the shabby-chic shops in town, I thought I'd post a listing of my finds. Most are in great shape but certainly need some cleaning and a little work but they are diamonds in the rough for sure. I love digging around for these old finds...they just don't make 'em like this anymore!

images courtesy of me

No comments: