4.10.2012

In-Room Dining

To cap off, what was a very nice long Easter break, I enjoyed some in-room dining last night.

We'll start with Easter Sunday...all of my family got together as usual for a full day of watching the Master's Golf Tournament, playing ball outside {which thankfully didn't result in any injuries like normal - nope, I take that back - my sis-in-law did fall down as we were having sprinting races, brush it off, brush it off}...back to the topic at hand. We also participated in a vicious egg hunt, hey there was money hidden in some of the eggs - duh. Lastly, we filled our bellies with a dinner of good ol' southern bbq and slaw sandwiches, hushpuppies, potato salad, sweet beans {coco's recipe}, and a honey ham. All to be washed down with strawberry cake. It was so darn good!

End scene, cut to Monday...ok, so from the honey ham came what? Yep, a ham bone and what does one do with a ham bone? No, not what you are thinking. You make ham and bean soup out of it which is precisely what I did. Slaving over the stove for three hours produced the best soup I have ever made - even Chloe was lapping it up. The soup literally had 20 different kinds of dried beans in it, yeah fiber! Therefore I thought what better way to enjoy the best soup I have ever made? In room dining {see, this story has come full circle}. Is it weird to enjoy eating dinner on the comfort of your own bed? I think not.

Guess what's for dinner tonight? Beans, beans the musical fruit...

image courtesy of me

No comments: